Hard disk not seen

Jonski

Registered
Big problem, just installed Yellow Dog Linux on one hard disk on one of my machines (beige G3 266) and now that machine cannot see the other disk with OSX on it, but if I use the OSX install disk and run disk utility it is seen. Did a reinstall but no luck. Any theories anybody?
Jonski

Linux uses ext2 filesystems, OSX uses HFS+. Linux cannot read HFS+, OSX cannot read ext2.

Disk utility knows there's a HD where the Linux disk is, but not what's on it.

theo

Thanks iconara, I know that they use different filing systems, the problem is that the machine can't see the OSX disk even when booted from an OS9 CD, since my previous post I've re-initialised the Linux disk and installed OSX onto it and now the machine can't see that either!!!! I'll try something tonight but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jonski

I had a similar problem with Linux PPC and my cd drive. zapping the PRAM resolved the problem. You should try that...it might work

Thank you gigi, tried zapping PRAM no luck! Now here's the thing, I removed both hard disks and put them in another beige G3 (also took RAM sticks, USB and graphic cards along too?????) and still had the same problem, flashing ? on start up. Then I put the first disk in Quicksilver G4 and it's fine, no loss of data, nothing, perfectly fine. Am I missing something here.

Jonski

Back