Hard Disk volume not showing up in Disk Utility.

Masamune

Registered
Hi, my problem is pretty well explained in the title but I'll try and be a bit more specific here.
A few days ago I was trying to install USB Overdrive to my computer but there was no Volume Destination showing up so I couldn't do it, I figured it was just a problem with the download and decided to leave it, today I downloaded FFMPEGX and that had the same problem, this time I looked into what the problem could be and found that the general advice was to repair Disk Permissions. I opened up Disk Utility but all I could see was the Hard Drive icon with no Volume underneath, the name of the Volume is HybriD and it shows up on my Desktop and I can run programs and all that jazz but Disk Utility just isn't seeing it.

All I get when I boot up Disk Utility (with no external memory plugged in) is '57.27GB IBM-IC35L060AVV207-0 Media'.
When selected it shows:
Connection Bus: ATA
Connection Type: Internal
Connection ID: Master
Disk Write Status: Read/Write.

I don't have the install disks for this computer, I bought it from a Cash Converters and it came as is without any installation media.

The computer is an eMac running 10.2.8 it has a 1ghz CPU and 128mb of Ram. Recently found an album uploaded by the previous owner with a creation date of late 2002, oldest computer I've ever owned lol

Back