Hard Drive Repair Woes

pixmaniowa

Registered
Hi there!
I have a 160Gb HD that is having major problems. Disk repair was giving me errors in trying to repair it. Sorry I don't have specifics. It is now showing as a 37 gig drive. I can still see all the files in the finder although the files will not open.
I have purchased Alsoft DiskWarrior to try to repair it. It goes through the process. Step 9 Recording any file or folder differences goes through over 3 million tests. This takes it around 24 hours. It then gives me an error at the end of trying to repair. I have tried this from the CD with the computer started up from the main hard drive, one different from the one with the problem. I am now running through it with the computer started up from the CD boot. It is now up to test #2,140,488 meaning I have 8 hours or so still to go.
I am concerned that it will still not solve the problem. This drive WAS my "Back up" drive and has many files that cannot be replaced since I got lazy and moved several of my large projects to it without them being on another drive due to space problems. AAAAAnywayyyy....
In case this does not work,
Are there any other softwares out there that work like DiskWarrior that may repair the disk. I am under time restraints....
Sorry, all these things are what everybody says under these conditions.
Thanks for your help,
Robert

sounds like your drive is damaged dude, if diskwarrior doesn't work there isn't much hope left in my experience...

in future backup important info to more than one drive - like a RAID type setup for example

Back