Harddrive icon gone

foushe

Registered
I am new to macs and somehow I removed the icon access (folder called "Macintosh HD") to my harddrive that was in the top right corner. I am running Tiger.

Anyone know how to get it back on the desktop? I tried dragging it out of the spotlight search but it will not allow me to drag it out. I also tried the following:

From the finder menu I clicked preferences. Then I clicked the general tab, and I checked the box that says hard disks. It still did NOT appear. Any ideas?

Thanks!

You can also try this. Click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Go on the Finder bar (at the top of the screen.) Then select Computer from the list of options. Your hard drive should appear in the Window that opens. Try dragging it to the desktop.

Let us know what happens.

OK - tried that and now that link is gone. It just dissappeared when I dragged it to the desktop. Nowhere to be found. I assume there is some visibility option I am missing. Again, I did check the Preferences option from finder to display the hard drive. Any ideas?

Hmm, try creating a new account and see if the icon shows up on that desktop. Also, have you tried rebooting?

Back