Hardwired internet via a USB hub is not working after the MBP sleeps.

ChangeAgent

Registered
I have two M1 MacBook Pro’s running Venture 13.6.1. Both are connected to a hub via the MBP USB port. The hub has several USB ports and a Gigabit Ethernet port. The USB port has an Apple USB keyboard attached and a wired mouse that is connected to the keyboard. Same setup for both computers. The hubs are of a different make and still both have the same problem. So I suspect it is with the MBP and not the hub.

The problem. After the MBP goes to sleep, the Gigabit Ethernet connection fails upon wakeup. Mouse and keyboard are immediately available but the Gigabit Ethernet not. Only unplugging the USB hub and plugging it in again solves the problem.

Any tips, ideas etc? Thanks.

It just might be the nature of the usb ports.
More thoughts: In System Preferences>Energy Saver - Uncheck put disks to sleep when possible. You could try selecting 'prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off. I don't know if you have that option in the MBP.

This tends to be a case with DAS connection not powered USB hubs! the USB ports chipmseems to sleep while the Mac sleeps! This will cause disconnect problems in Mac OS!

It just might be the nature of the usb ports.
More thoughts: In System Preferences>Energy Saver - Uncheck put disks to sleep when possible. You could try selecting 'prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off. I don't know if you have that option in the MBP.
I tried that but no sigar

I also realised that this problem is new. I never had any problems in OS10, 11,12. But after upgrading to OS 13 this started to happen

This tends to be a case with DAS connection not powered USB hubs! the USB ports chipmseems to sleep while the Mac sleeps! This will cause disconnect problems in Mac OS!
I see. I talked to a friend and he also uses a non-powered USB hub on a M1 Mac and he does not have the problem. And as I said above never had a problem in OS 12 with the M1 MBP.

Back