Has anyone changed the HD of a Titanium PowerBook 17"

aicul

Registered
I was wondering if anyone had considered, or actually completed, the change of the HD for a Titanium PowerBook 17".

Mine presently has a 60Gb HD and I would like to double or triple that capacity with an internal HD.

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

Actually there is no tibook 17''. Are you talking about the 15'' tibook or the 17'' alubook? I have the 15'' tibook and when I tried to uninstall the airport card, I realised it's quite easy to access the hdd once the undertray is taken off.

Zammy-Sam, it looks metallic, has a 17" screen and is a mac with powerbook written next to the F6 key. Always thought it was a titanium PowerBook 17" but if you have the formal Apple name I can go with that also.

What colour does the keyboard have? Silver or black? Silver = alubook (PowerBook Aluminium); black = tibook (PowerBook Titanium 15'' from 2003).
Check out search for the alubook. I remember Gia changing the disks from her alubooks.

aicul said:
I was wondering if anyone had considered, or actually completed, the change of the HD for a Titanium PowerBook 17".

Mine presently has a 60Gb HD and I would like to double or triple that capacity with an internal HD.

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

The largest notebook hard drives at the moment are 100 GB. You won't even double that 60 GB drive, much less triple it.

best thing - if you are in need of disk space - would be a firewire external drive. This will be a lot cheaper and you won't need to take your powerbook apart.

True about the external drive. But a portable is a portable and having a carry along office is not what I call portable.

Good point about the HD availability. So basically, If I want an all-in-one portable I must settle for 100Gb...

Back