Has anyone gotten Realplayer to work?

Trelane

Registered
I've been trying to run RealPlayer through Classic, but when I do, I don't get in sound. The picture is great and clearer than ever! But the sound isn't working, so it's kinda moot.
Anyone know anything about this?

David R

Registered
I wish I could help you. The only thing I can tell you is that it works flawlessly under Classic in my system. In fact, it doesn't crash (and it crashes all the time when I run it in OS 9)

eisnel

Registered
My experience with RealPlayer has been quite the opposite. It quits unexpectedly whenever I try to start it. What version of RealPlayer are you all using? I downloaded mine just a few weeks back. Very strange.

David R

Registered
Really? I'm running RealPlayer 8 Basic (ie. the freebie)

It's behaving great, and trust me, I have used it for literally HOUS under classic and it has rarely crashed.

It used to crash (and bring the system down) 3-4 times a day under OS 9.

flaggrrl

Registered
on the same subject, does anyone know if/when they will be releasing real player native for os x?

cwoody222

Registered
I can't use Real Player in Classic AT ALL...it can't detect my DSL connection.

I had the same problem with Classic IE until I deactivated an extention in Extension manager.

Anyone have any solutions? I'd love to use Real Player w/o re-booting to 9.1.

P.S I've tried reinstalling and using the freebie and the Pro model of RP 8.

Jasoco

Video Gamer/Collector
Damn RealPlayer Basic won't even launch in Classic.

It loads and then quits before anything comes up.

HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH "SMALL WONDER" IN OS X?

I have to boot into OS 9 to view them.

I wish Real would get off their lazy A$$es and release an OS X version. Or atleast liscense the technology to Apple for QuickTime..

Anyone know of a player that can view Real Media files in OS X? (Not Classic) :confused:

cwoody222

Registered
Gee...and I thought wanting to watch Big Brother streaming webcams was a bad reason to want Real Player...

(I'm downloading the Small Wonder vids as we speak ;)