has anyone tried the iTrip already?

The maker won't be very critical about his own product... They'll put the negatives things away of course

I have a similar product (not the lame iRock which has 4 choices, but another lame product that works in a larger chunk of the spectrum...

when I opened it, there was a piece of paper with a disclaimer stating that the operation of this device was governed by FCC rules, blah, blah...

my first thought was uh oh...

and sure enough, the thing sucked even in clear parts of the spectrum. there is too much interference and this class of device is not allowed to do anything to alleviate this interference!

bottom line: I don't think that there is any way of getting around the FCC restrictions. I'm getting a car stereo with a line in connection.

I would buy the iTrip RIGHT now, but I need a full money back refund.

Why? Because every FM Transmitter I ever got for my iPod sucks times infinity. Especially in LA, where even the unknown radio stations are in use by small time broadcasters, and you just can NOT get a clear signal, and everywhere you drive you have to keep readjusting it, and it totally sucks.

Is the iTrip better than all this? I'll never know unless they have a money back guarantee.

Originally posted by solrac
I would buy the iTrip RIGHT now, but I need a full money back refund.

Why? Because every FM Transmitter I ever got for my iPod sucks times infinity. Especially in LA, where even the unknown radio stations are in use by small time broadcasters, and you just can NOT get a clear signal, and everywhere you drive you have to keep readjusting it, and it totally sucks.

Is the iTrip better than all this? I'll never know unless they have a money back guarantee.

What do you have, the iRock??
-Doofy

(About closing this thread as a moderator): The iTrip looks like a cool product. Thread stays open. Hopefully we'll get some reviews as soon as people get their hands on it. It certainly _looks_ good.

All FM transmitters suck and the iTrip will as well. The only way for them to work alot better is to increase the power out of the transmitter. These things are very, very low power. The FCC will not allow them to use any more power out. The only difference between them all is how they look.

Originally posted by mfsri
All FM transmitters suck and the iTrip will as well. The only way for them to work alot better is to increase the power out of the transmitter. These things are very, very low power. The FCC will not allow them to use any more power out. The only difference between them all is how they look.

Sorry to hear that. Do you know of any way to illegaly hack it and thus have an illegal amount of extra illegal power illegally coming out? Maybe there is an illegal web site that illegally talks about such illegal things.....

Originally posted by mfsri

Why is that?? What about the CD changers in the trunk of cars that send a signal to the FM radio?? They are able to use plenty of power.
-Doofy

Originally posted by doofy10
Why is that?? What about the CD changers in the trunk of cars that send a signal to the FM radio?? They are able to use plenty of power.
-Doofy

They do not use a FM transmitter. Those CD players use a FM modulator. They are two different things. You can buy a modulator and use that with the iPod.

"you can transmit any audio signal to an unused radio frequency in your area" this is for the modulator

is this also with the iTrip, that it has to be an UNUSED radio frequency?

Back