Have Apple Mail forget an old email address

KenDRhyD

Registered
How can I convince Apple Mail to forget about an old address when suggesting addresses as part of auto-completion? I do not wish to turn this feature off, just have one specific address removed.

A specific instance might explain the reason for this better.

I had an old email address for an individual and that address was stored in their Address Book entry. I had sent email to this address in the past, but it was always rejected (basic error was that the address was no longer valid). The individual provided a new address (which works), and I replaced the email address in their Address Book entry with the new address. This individual is also part of a group within Address Book. However, when I send an email to the group, the old email address is used by default. Even when I send an email to this individual alone, the first address suggested is the old one that no longer works.

So, how can I convince Apple Mail that the old address no longer exists and to stop suggesting or using it automatically?

I like to remove all email addresses from that window periodically. Keeps things nice and neat an does not affect the address book at all.

Back