Have you guys seen this yet?

Yeah, they're really laying into him. It is WhiteSaint's app, and we know he didn't rip it off anybody else. He discussed the idea in the forums and we were able to watch the project being built and try out each version as it came to light. If you're going to accuse somebody of ripping off open-source software, you'd better damn-well be correct.
Also, these people need to learn not to judge a program against a pattern that exists only in their minds. Just because they don't like the floating window or the dockling, doesn't mean the program deserves the bagging it is getting.
Admittedly, WhiteSaints virtual desktops program has a way to go before it is ready for the big time. Perhaps if he had released it as "Beta 0.1" the response would be very different.

Heh... maybe it should have even been an alpha. People are really flaming him there. :(

Who cares what those turds say?!
If you didn't notice my Mac OSX Features Guide app isn't hosted there due to the fact VersionTracker is not what it used to be, and it's community will never be the same.

For all you know they could be a bunch of 11 year olds (no offence xoot) flaming to make their software sound better, or their just born stupid. :)

Post it otherplaces, you're sure to get great feedback!

*cough*www.MacOSXapps.com*cough*

they are right with one thing: charging 20$ for the current version of this software is not OK. it's not even a beta. if there would be a greek letter before alpha, it would be that...

Originally posted by ulrik
they are right with one thing: charging 20$ for the current version of this software is not OK. it's not even a beta. if there would be a greek letter before alpha, it would be that...

Pre-alpha. :)

Like Apple's Mac OS X Public Beta, which was definitly not a beta, but an early alpha.

Pre-alpha. :)

I don't feel terribly inclined to try this software, BUT I hav never seen so much in response to a program on VT before! Holy cow there's pages of stuff there, and unfortunately all negative.

Without having tried this myself (i.e., not knowing what it's like), perhaps those guys should try coding something themselves and see just how complicated it is.

Back