Have you used Thunderbird?

twister

Howdy
I'm considering switching to Thunderbird and I'd like some feedback on why people do or do not use it. Have you tried it?

Basically I want smart folders. Period. And I don't own the computer or os at work so it's not my decision as to upgrading to Tiger. I'm on 10.3.9 and will be there as far as I know for a while.

If you have used it, have you moved your POP mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird? How did it go? Have you moved POP mail from Thunderbird to Mail.app? Just incase I do get Tiger, I may move back.

I've played with Thunderbird and it seems really nice, however I'm looking for opinions.

I use Thunderbird, imported from Eudora. That went well.

But see it is missing some features. Like when you forward an email, the images go as attachment - which is good, but you can not place the image within the body.

Why don't you just forward the message inline? Not as an attachment. Would that help your issue? Or make sure you are writing in HTML? I've been loving the fact that I can easily style messages and then I send them in HTML and plain text.

I've been finding that most of my favorite Mail features are in Thunderbird, plus more. I can't wait to see what 1.1 adds or 2.0. :)

i use thunderbird on my pc and mail on my laptop, the smart folders are nice and i wish thunderbird have them. It rocks! thats all i gotta say

RGrphc2 said:
i use thunderbird on my pc and mail on my laptop, the smart folders are nice and i wish thunderbird have them. It rocks! thats all i gotta say

Thunderbird DOES have smart folders. They are called saved searches and were my main reason for switching since I'm stuck on 10.3.x

I also found grouping today. Very sweet except it is buggy on my machine. I can't wait till that is fixed.

twister said:
Why don't you just forward the message inline? Not as an attachment. Would that help your issue? Or make sure you are writing in HTML? I've been loving the fact that I can easily style messages and then I send them in HTML and plain text.

That does not work. The images do not show in the body of the message. :(

I guess I don't know exactly what you are trying to do. I thought I'd done it before, but oh well. :)

Back