Having Trouble Backing Up Jaguar Install CDs

vSTYLE

Registered
I've been having some trouble making backups of my Jaguar install cd's using disc copy. After encountering problems trying to run a clean install from the jaguar install cd's that came with my powerbook, I went to the local apple store where they diagnosed the problem as a cd problem and were able to run an install for me off of some of their own install cds. Shortly thereafter, I called AppleCare, gave em my reference #, and was sent a brand new pair of install CD's within 3-4 days. Anyways, as the guy at the genius bar suggested, I am trying to make backup copies of the new install CD's I received so as to save some trouble in case the problem were to occur again. Anyway, I was instructed to make a new "image from device," select the drive where the install cd rom is, and select to make the image as a "CD/DVD master." Then, after the image is created, I was told to burn the image. However, of the 4 blank cds I've gone through, only 3 have completed properly, only to be later deemed unreadable when inserted into the drive. Ironically, the 1 cd that didn't fully burn properly(according to disc copy, it encountered some "burning error") seems to work completely fine. The only problem is, it's only disc 1, and since it was a complete fluke, I'm not sure how to go about burning the second install disc. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

While I have not checked my CDs, there could very well be a lock on them preventing them from being copied.

Unless, of course, you count in the law (depending on where you live). ;-)

bobw said:
Nothing preventing copying Panther CD's.

Well, if that's the case, am I missing something? Does any part of the process I listed look wrong? Can anyone give a brief how-to/walkthrough using disk copy? Thanks again

Back