Headphone jack snapped off inside macbook

dedisded

Registered
Hi there

A while ago I snapped my headphone jack inside the macbook socket, tried getting it out through various means to no avail, and now the port is full of superglue and therefore, unfixable.

What I was wondering was, is there some way I can get my internal speakers to work again? As they still seem to think somethings plugged in so stay silent, and when I go to change the volume, the speaker icon is greyed out, along with a circle with a line through it at the bottom. So can I somehow disable the headphone port or something like that?

Also, if I was to get a USB/Firewire soundcard, would this solve the issue 100%?

Thanks for your time.

What I was wondering was, is there some way I can get my internal speakers to work again?

A new logic board should fix it, unless you are really good at soldering and feel comfortable enough soldering off the old headphone jack and solder on a new one.

Whats a logic board? I'm utterly useless at computers and don't know how to use a soldering iron alas. Is there no software way to get the computer to ignore the headphone socket or something like that?

Back