Hello and Intro from a newbie

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
Hello everyone,

I was browsin the net the other day looking for MacOSX info when I came across this gem of a site...I started reading all the posts and decided to jump on in...

A little bit about me:

My name is Israel and I'm currently in my first year of medical school...I've been using Macs since I was in sixth grade and I'm so excited about what has been happening in the Mac community lately with iPod, the new iMac, iDVD, etc. etc...I remember back in the Amelio days when everyone said that Apple was finished, and here we are still going strong...(I was even an "evangelist" volunteer waaay back in the day...LOL...anybody remember the "evangeLIST"?)

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you through posts and chatting...and if any of you have tips on how to avoid getting flamed please let me in on it ;) (topics to avoid, things NOT to say...that sort of thing)

I've already met some friendly and nice people round here...I like the mostly laid back attitude and the sense of comraderie that I see...I hope to contribute something as well...

God Bless everyone, see ya round the boards :D

Izzy

What's up man? Welcome to the boards! You really don't have to worry about what to say .. or what NOT to say. Obsessive cursing and put-downs are the about the only things that will get people in trouble and it's basically never a problem.

So anyway, good luck with med school and I'll probably see ya around the boards.

nice introduction. Scott got the rules close:p (rules, what rules? we don't need no stinking rules:D )

check out this thread for a little more of the guidelines.

and an equally warm welcome to you. so is that med school THE Ohio State Univeristy or Wright State or where in oHIo?

I am an OSU alumni. I lived in Cols. for 15 years before moving to the bay area. other than that there is more personal info about me floating around the site than anybody really wants to know anyway:D

be sure to drop by herve's bar & grill. your first round is on me:)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
nice introduction. Scott got the rules close:p (rules, what rules? we don't need no stinking rules:D )

check out this thread for a little more of the guidelines.

and an equally warm welcome to you. so is that med school THE Ohio State Univeristy or Wright State or where in oHIo?

I am an OSU alumni. I lived in Cols. for 15 years before moving to the bay area. other than that there is more personal info about me floating around the site than anybody really wants to know anyway:D

be sure to drop by herve's bar & grill. your first round is on me:)

haha...no AOL and no Microsoft...got it...I guess I got a bit of a problem with my dialup back home...:eek:

Wow Ed...small world, and remember...once a Buckeye always a Buckeye ;)

I got accepted into THE Ohio State University, but I'm at Northeast Ohio Universities College of Medicine because they had a 6 year combined BS/MD program that I liked (www.neoucom.edu is the web addy if anyone is interested)...

Hey Scott...thanks for the heads up and I must say that is a nice little website you got there...your audio clips are classic and I'm curious...how did you come across doing those protein projects? I saw from your profile that you are an finance major...is this a hobby or are you double majoring or minoring?

This bar and grill sounds interesting...i'll have to check it out...can't pass up a free round ;)

Originally posted by Izzy
Hello everyone,

I was browsin the net the other day looking for MacOSX info when I came across this gem of a site...I started reading all the posts and decided to jump on in...

A little bit about me:

My name is Israel and I'm currently in my first year of medical school...I've been using Macs since I was in sixth grade and I'm so excited about what has been happening in the Mac community lately with iPod, the new iMac, iDVD, etc. etc...I remember back in the Amelio days when everyone said that Apple was finished, and here we are still going strong...(I was even an "evangelist" volunteer waaay back in the day...LOL...anybody remember the "evangeLIST"?)

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you through posts and chatting...and if any of you have tips on how to avoid getting flamed please let me in on it ;) (topics to avoid, things NOT to say...that sort of thing)

I've already met some friendly and nice people round here...I like the mostly laid back attitude and the sense of comraderie that I see...I hope to contribute something as well...

God Bless everyone, see ya round the boards :D

Izzy

I dont want to be blessed!:eek: :(
But welcome Izzy! Have fun here!:) :p :D :eek:

Hi Izzy! It's great to have you amongst us. I am a much more recent convert to the Mac platform, but after only six months have sworn never to go back.

You are welcome here, come and have an e-drink at Herve's Bar and Grill with us, the only rule: "Be nice."

:D

Originally posted by Izzy

Hey Scott...thanks for the heads up and I must say that is a nice little website you got there...your audio clips are classic and I'm curious...how did you come across doing those protein projects? I saw from your profile that you are an finance major...is this a hobby or are you double majoring or minoring?
I did that in Bio Chemistry last semester .. no real reason why I took the class. I just needed another lab science and since chem seemed so easy I thought I'd continue on with it. I wish I was pre-med but I don't like blood. :eek:

Welcome! You picked a good way to start off. Getting on peoples good side is one of top things you need to do. I am relativly new to macosx also. I found out that as long you contribute positive comments and DONT act like the late Nummi and Deez_nuts pair, you should fit right in.

Its a good thing that you are a Mac user, some of these guys might pick on you if you weren't. :D

Back