Hello iMac!

bjurusik

Registered
Just ordered my brand new 17" iMac! I'm so excitied. I was told it won't ship for 3 - 4 weeks though, what are the chances it will come loaded with Jaguar? Now alls I have to do is pay off my 2000+ Apple Education Loan. Gulp. :(

Originally posted by bjurusik
Just ordered my brand new 17" iMac! I'm so excitied. I was told it won't ship for 3 - 4 weeks though, what are the chances it will come loaded with Jaguar? Now alls I have to do is pay off my 2000+ Apple Education Loan. Gulp. :(

You get Jag free. Maybe not loaded but you qualify for the upgrade program. You can probably get it at the Apple store free or from apple.com for $20

Twister

Congrats on ordering the iMac. I was at the Apple store in Soho the other day and I saw the new widescreen one. I wanted to play with it (as it had jaguar installed) but some bald guy with really thick glasses was playing with it the whole time :-(

I'm a PC user currently with an aging machine (celeron 366 overclocked to 550 ;-)) I want to buy a new machine, but Apple's financing scares me. I have no credit (I'm 18) so I don't know if I'd qualify for the financing. Oh vell...the beat goes on :)

i'm ordering the new imac, too. i hope it arrives in time for the semester to begin. i'm beginning to wonder.

Originally posted by Dinkmeister
I'm a PC user currently with an aging machine (celeron 366 overclocked to 550 ;-)) I want to buy a new machine, but Apple's financing scares me. I have no credit (I'm 18) so I don't know if I'd qualify for the financing. Oh vell...the beat goes on :)

Well not that I'm encouraging debt, but are you in college? Credit card companies LOVE to give them out to college students. And usually you can get a better deal charging it to your own card than financing through someone like Apple. That is what happened with my G4.

I too am 18 without any credit and MBNA gave me a $1800 line of credit, not too shabby! Too bad the APR is so high though. :( I mean, as long as you have *some* income, you should be able to get some money. However, my mom had to cosign the loan to raise my line of credit up some.

PS: Does anyone have the link to the $20 Jaguar purchase when you bough a Mac after July 17?

I'm a PC user

I noticed that you've been a member of macosx.com since October 2001. What brought you here? If it's your liking macs, or just the OS, how the heck have you managed to go so long without getting one?!

Originally posted by Dusky

I noticed that you've been a member of macosx.com since October 2001. What brought you here? If it's your liking macs, or just the OS, how the heck have you managed to go so long without getting one?!

lol. I've had a mac for quite some time now ... a 600mhz G3 iMac. I just don't post here much, just observe. I think this post brings my total up to like 5. I'm just excitied about my new iMac, actually paying for it myself feels so much more rewarding! And Jaguar looks so amazing, I can't wait to get it. I'm most excitied about the MIDI implementation. And hopefully some multitracking audio software will become available for X soon, such as Logic or Cubase SX.

i wish there was an exact release/ship date for the newest iMacs... as i'd like to get one.

...any word yet?

Heh...Well I've been interested in Os X (And generally the new macs. The older ones didn't interest me as much) since my friend got a job at some company that dealt with macs. OS X looked pretty slick and I decided to wait to see what would come this MWNY (Hoping for some really cool new thing).

The reason I didn't get one was I had no job until now ;-) I'm working as a pastry chef at a restaurant. I make decent money and I don't have that many bills, but I don't want to pay off the danmed computer for 2 years.

Back