Help (About iPod)

Louisville

Registered
I plug my firewire cord into my iPod and it's telling me "OK to disconnect. ." Computer won't recognize it. .funny thing is it was working a couple of days ago. . .It tried restarting the iPod/ My computer, trying a different firewire port. I just don't want to restore my iPod. I have a lot of music on there. . Anything else I could do? I have Windows XP by the way and my iPod is a 5GB Windows.
Ok this is weird. I just plugged it into the charger. .it tells me ok to disconnect. .isn't it suppose to tell me "charged or charging?" The battery moves though when connected to my computer or the charger. .I have that 1.3 firmware installed. .but I don't really think it's that because my iPod has been working great for the past month or so . .Is there any way to format it "from the iPod" I am afraid that if I take it back to CompUSA where I got it they'll tell me they can't help me because I've installed a unoffical firmware. . .I have a 2 year tap with them also. .I hope I am not so out of luck. .I could always wait until 1.3 comes out for windows. .whenever that is. . Then take it back to them. I hope there's some hope left.

Well, I hope to help...

I have a 5Gb too, but on Mac...

I had a little problem like you a few weeks ago... the first thing I did, was to reinstall the latest firmware on it (1.3)... so it gets ready and empty... then you just have to plug it in and restore your music...

I hope this helps!!! ;)

You see I can't install anything on it because my computer can't recognize it. I would install 1.2.6 back on it if I could.

Woot compusa took the 5 gb back. I got a 10 GB now. It's the newer version, and they put the newest firmware on there. But hey, an iPod is better than no iPod. I also bought another 2 yr extended warrenty.

Back