HELP ASAP! My powerpoint project won't work on PC!

Dlatu1983

Prime Minister
I did a project in Keynote for school, and then exported it as a powerpoint presentation, which opened and worked fine in Powerpoint for OS X. But when I got to school and tried to play it on the Compaq laptop we have hooked up to the projector, it showed my CD-R as being totally empty...not a SINGLE file on it. Someone told me that I forgot to "close the session" on the mac, and thats why it wouldn't run on a PC. I have to hand it in again tommorrow afternoon...does anyone know how i can make it work? I don't even have powerpoint for Windows to test it on to make sure it works this time around....

Dlatu1983 said:
I did a project in Keynote for school, and then exported it as a powerpoint presentation, which opened and worked fine in Powerpoint for OS X. But when I got to school and tried to play it on the Compaq laptop we have hooked up to the projector, it showed my CD-R as being totally empty...not a SINGLE file on it. Someone told me that I forgot to "close the session" on the mac, and thats why it wouldn't run on a PC. I have to hand it in again tommorrow afternoon...does anyone know how i can make it work? I don't even have powerpoint for Windows to test it on to make sure it works this time around....
If you didn't close the session like that person said, you'll need to re-do the CD, that is, get another blank CD, re-burn the presentation on it and make sure you close the session (aka finalizing the disc). This will ensure that non CD-RW drives can read the disc you have made.

If you want to test it in Windows email it to me at veljo_nutty@hotmail.com and I'll test it for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

The biggest issue I've had with trying to open Mac files on a PC (thankfully only happens at work) is when I forget to append the file extension when saving (i.e. the .ppt bit at the end). That doesn't explain why the PC doesn't see any files, it should also see .LS Store, .Trashes and a few others. And yes OS X should finalise the burn session automatically. I'd suggest trying again.

I know from toast that you can burn just for mac or mac/pc-combo. Maybe, if your CD was closed, you should try to burn with this option.

Back