HELP!!! Cod4 settings messed up!

coolio2654

Registered
Hey, I have a REALLY big problem I need help with. So, a few days ago I was messing around with my Cod4 related files on my mac and I stumbled across a file named "com.aspyr.callofduty4.plist" I opened it and got something like this (in picture). I duplicated the "Call of Duty 4" folder and all its contents. Then I had some crazy idea and in the highlighted area in pic, I replaced that area with another cd-key. (*NOTE* the highlighted area in the pic shows the exact location of where I substituted for another cd-key, but it is already substituted, though). I tried playing multiplayer again, but it asks for new cd-key and my original profile doesn't show when I start. When I close the game to check my original profile, it is there, but another has been created. I think some settings don't match and my original profile is being ignored :(
Plz guys, I had level 55 with like 4 guns fully unlocked and a lot of challenges done. How can I get my original profile to be accepted by the game again? The Cod4 folder has been untouched, but the plist file was changed a bit.

Things I've done about it:
I have Cod4 installed on a mac notebook as well, and I tried swapping plist files with this comp, but that didn't work. I'm searching for my original cd if that will help.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
Have you attempted creating a new profile with the exact same name, quitting, then replacing the folder and sub-folders with the backup profile folder...

Back