Help Design My Dream Network

Post Production

Registered
Recently, it was made my responsibility to design, budget and ultimately implement a network for my sons daycare/preschool. Replete with 8-10 ip based security cams so parents can log in and watch their tots via the web.

This is a relatively straight forward project for me, I have a layout in mind, and due to budget concerns, I was planning on using PC Hardware. However it appears that there is a substantial amount of funding available, so I was asked above and beyond my frugal no frills plan, to come up with a 'Platnium, the sky's the limit' plan B.

Money is a factor, but as long as the cost can be substantiated, I was basically told to build my dream Mac network; on paper.

So..I need your help. I need ideas.

Its a small school with 5 classrooms and an office. I figure 1 xserve should be plenty for a server. A total of 10 workstations and 10 ip security cameras. What else should I include? What should I use as workstations?

That all really matters on the amount of total money and what type of pricing Apple offers you. Keep in mind, since your purchasing for a school, that you should get educational discounts for an institution. You may want to call in and introduce yourself to your local Educational Sale Rep at Apple. There should be a primary person in charge of your geographic region. :)

Back