HELP!! Entourage quits when checking mail

dhjambo06

Registered
I've used Entourage (v. 10.1.0) for 2 years with exactly the same configuration (OSXv 10.3.9 running on Mac Mini), and it's worked just fine...until yesterday when suddenly it started crashing every time I'd try to check mail. I tried rebuilding the database by holding option key when launching, but that didn't work. Tried restarting computer, but that didn't work. And lastly, I reinstalled the software from original disks, but even THAT didn't work. It still crashes EVERY time. Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problems--have tried to solve them exactly as you have and the problem persists

This is a problem with the Entourage database file getting 'TOO BIG'. What is the size of your entourage database file? I am fairly sure that the max is 4GB. Have you tried the 'Advanced Rebuild'? If not I suggest you try this, however I must **WARN** you that you may lose some data. My father lost quite a few of his emails through the compacting process that is done to get the database file down to under 4GB.

Personally I highly recommend the switch to Apple's Mail and iCal programs as they do not store messages in the same way that entourage does.

Best of Luck to you both.

you have to go to "tools/ junk mail filter" and turn off the junk mail filter--then send/receive mail and go back and turn the filter on again---it apparently has something to do with the filter crashing the program with certain kinds of junk mail---this is the first time it has happened to me and I've been using this program for 6 years

Back