Help! Errors Installing Software

mjmenjivar

Registered
I just got Tiger in the mail and tried to upgrade. I received a message sayign, "errors installing software." I am not that wise in the ways of Apple. What do I do?
mm

That's interesting.... From which version did you try to upgrade from? And is there nothing more in that error message? If so, I'd check if the DVD is dirty on the surface. I know, sounds very unlikely, but just to be sure.

If it doesn't upgrade, maybe you can try to create a new partition (when Jaguar is booted up) and then try a clean install on it. Just to see what happens. That would also give you a multi-boot-Mac

At least in Panther I know that you can later take partitions away. It's done with Disk utility (Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility)

mjmenjivar said:
I just got Tiger in the mail and tried to upgrade. I received a message sayign, "errors installing software." I am not that wise in the ways of Apple. What do I do?
mm

In the installer, after you get the error messages, you can view the log from one of the menus (I don't recall which). That might give you an indication of the problem. I had many problems installing on two different 10.3 machines, so if you continue to have problems, you might want to get a very knowledgeable mac friend, a consultant, or a genius at a local apple store to help.

-Allan

I had the same problem...tried a disk repair and it couldnt repair it. I said "screw it" and erased and installed clean. Worked like a charm.

Back