Help: Explorer always quits upon launch

garfildo

Registered
Here's my problem:

Since my first installation of OSX I cannot use Internet Explorer: it quits when I launch it. The problem persists even through the upgrades of OSX and the upgrades of IE (It still quits under OSX 10.1.5 and IE 5.2.1.)
I have trashed everything that was called Explorer and reinstalled but to no avail.

Any ideas?

I would greatly appreciate your help.
Best regards

garfildo

don't you have anything better to do?
Just for your info: IE works fine with OSX on two of my three machines.
garfildo

come on..i was just joking. You dont know how many times people (including myself) have asked questions and the response has been "get a mac!", but thats not even the point, cause i wasn't being serious...

Somehow I knew SOMEone was going to say "Get (insert my preferred browser here) instead!"

Well, yes, there's always Netscape, Mozilla, OmniWeb, iCab, or Opera... but if you need IE for ActiveX, or some other stupid MS reason, the others don't exactly help.

My suggestion: Trash the MSIE preferences file, located here....
/users/yournamehere/library/preferences/com.microsoft.explorer.plist

Preferences can sometimes go bad. Try trashing "com.microsoft.explorer.plist" and see if it helps

OK, apologies.
Somehow this Explorer thing is making me edgy.
I should have been more receptive to humour.

regards
garfildo

Many thanks for the suggestion *but*
I trashed the explorer plist long ago and since then it did not launch even just to create a plist.

well, afta echei i zoi
(and if you understand the previous sentence, please mail me at garfildo@meloo.com)

best regards
garfildo

Back