Help - fan problem with new macbook aluminium

Excuse-me, do you know the fan model of MacBook late 2006, black? Because I'd like to change my fan alone but I can't order it by Apple centers.

Thanks,
f4bry

Just googled for this problem and found this thread. Ive got exactly the same problem with my 2.4 late 2008 macbook. The fan speed stays at 0rpm and it heats up to around 90 degrees before the display corrupts and i have to shutdown. Ive got an appointment tomorrow with the local apple store.

Just thought id let you know your not alone!

Excuse-me, do you know the fan model of MacBook late 2006, black? Because I'd like to change my fan alone but I can't order it by Apple centers.

Thanks,
f4bry

You can check it yourself by going to the Finder's top Black (blue if it is Tiger) icon and click on "About This Mac". A pop-up will come down and then select 'More Info'. This will launch system Profiler and you can get all the information on everything in your Mac.

Just googled for this problem and found this thread. Ive got exactly the same problem with my 2.4 late 2008 macbook. The fan speed stays at 0rpm and it heats up to around 90 degrees before the display corrupts and i have to shutdown. Ive got an appointment tomorrow with the local apple store.

Just thought id let you know your not alone!

Please, keep me informed.

You can check it yourself by going to the Finder's top Black (blue if it is Tiger) icon and click on "About This Mac". A pop-up will come down and then select 'More Info'. This will launch system Profiler and you can get all the information on everything in your Mac.

Thank you. I don't have my laptop now but I will try soon.

I just got back from the apple store and they had to replace the fan and logic board. It took them about 4 days to diagnose and sort the problem.

The guy said it was a faulty logic board that was breaking the exhaust fan.

Battery life seems to have been improved after the swap-out too!

You can also hold alt when clicking the apple logo in finder to show system profiler rather than about this mac.

I forgot about that one, thanks. One other thing I wanted to mention is none in this thread mentioned smcFanControl, for posterity.

Yeah i tried that, but because my fan was bust the software wouldnt work. The slider setting for fan speed made no difference.

Its great for if your doing something intensive and worry about system temps.

i have macbook core duo 1.83 Ghz. the heating problem has greatly affected my laptop usage. i have even sent it to apple workshops and every time they say that problem is fixed but in a couple of days it occurs again. they always take huge fee for their so called "fix".they say that they clean something on thermostat or something and fan starts working again.i have given it to two different apple workshops but they always clean it and avoid to change the fan even when i ask them, they just say that its not required.it gets extremely hot, hangs and even shutdowns on running heavy applications like parallels, ms office and yes specially while using youtube! i tried smcfancontrol and it shows fan speed around 2700rpm temp 85c with youtube on.i tried to increase fan speed with it but it dosent change.And ya, the warranty period is over ;-(
please help.

Back