HELP!!! Folder recovery?

firecrackerktm

Registered
I'm sorry if this has been gone over (and I'm sure it has ... )

One of our folders was deleted from the server. We don't know how or when. But we lost a LOT of work! I work in production at a small weekly paper, and today we go to press!

Is there ANY way to recover the files from the end of the day yesterday? Nobody here knows where backup files (if there are any) might be stored.

Does it work after the fact?

I just heard that someone is bringing in a recovery program, but i don't know when or what.

I do not know how the whole folder got deleted. It isn't in anyone's trash folder. Everyone here is mystified.

Before you replied I had read about a Prosoft recovery program in another thread on this forum, and we downloaded that ... is this FileSalvage better?

Cool. Well, I guess the scan takes a few hours, so we're starting over just in case it doesn't come up with anything. We have 3 newspapers to send to the printers by 7 p.m.!!!

Well wouldn't ya know it ... our "IT" guy swept in and recovered the files, somehow, but wouldn't tell us where he found them (so we can find them if it ever happens again!). After we'd rebuilt all our lost pages, of course. :mad:

How about making backups on a more regular base to prevent lose of data ?

That will do the trick anytime (if the backup is made and stored properly ofcourse).

Good luck, Kees

Do you have time machine available-if so, open it and go back to day previous to when you still had the file. Search through that date and if you find it high lite it and drop down to the restore tab and click on it. It should restore it back to today. One problem might pop up that it was overwritten completely. In that case " file salvage should work fine.
Hope i have helped.
Dickster-----------------------------------------------------------

Back