Help! Forced to move to PC

Monteux

Registered
In the next week or so I will have to move from a Mac I have been on for four years to a PC. I'll still have my Macs at home but I could use some suggestions on making the transition.

Specifically, what is the best way for me to get my Mac addresses and saved emails across. Generally, any recommendations on freeware or shareware to make the PC use less irritating (WinXP)?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Robert

You are going to have to email all your saved messages to your self and then reopen them in the PC mail client, I suppose Outlook. You might be able to copy your bookmarks to a floppy (your Mac can write to a PC formatted floppy), then you can try to import them in your new browser.
Good luck but it requires you to be creative.
You might do a Google search on converting from Mac to Windows

Robert... lotza asprin and a large dose of patience.. It is like going to a vw bug from a Cadillac.. principles are the same, controls are different.

Oh yeah, there's a piece of software out there that will convert your data from Mac to Windows but I forget what it is. Let me see if I can find it... Here it is.

Just out of curiosity, why are you being replaced by a drone?

Monteux
Usually most folks here are more than willing to help. Unfortunately you're just getting sympathy for having to move to a PC.

Tell us what programs are involved on the Mac for address, mail, etc, and what you'll be using on the PC.

Back