Help...Hard drive won't show on desktop

Imagine

Registered
I have a Mac Pro 2.66. In it, I have 4 drives taking up Bay 1 through 4. I also have 2 external Firewire hard drives. I decided to add another firewire hard drive, except, when I connect it to one of the external hard drives, it doesn't appear on my desktop, but what's strange is that it Ejects one of the firewire drives, and then I get this message.

Device Removal

The device you removed was not properly put away. Data might have been lost or damaged. Before you unplug your device, you must first select its icon in the Finder and choose Eject from the File menu.

I never Ejected the drive or any other drive for that matter. All I did was connect the new firewire drive. I tried connecting the new drive to one of the other firewire ports on the Mac, but the same thing occurs.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

-Dean

Is your new disk powered ON when you plug it in? If so, power it OFF, plug it in (after remounting the evicted disk), then power it ON. Does that work? It's been my experience that plug-and-play isn't always.

Is your new disk powered ON when you plug it in? If so, power it OFF, plug it in (after remounting the evicted disk), then power it ON. Does that work? It's been my experience that plug-and-play isn't always.

Hi Whitehill,

The new drive is Off when I connect it. If I remove the other 2 FW drives, the new one will show. As soon as I connect the new drive, the new drive will not show on the desktop and it will eject one of the other drives.

Back