Help help help!!!

AudreyHerburn

Registered
My mac OS X was acting wierd for the past few days. I turned it off about 2 days ago and the next morning I tried to start it but the startup screen with the little apple and the fan under it would move and then the screen would go blue and the mouse and the fan are frozen and i can't do anything. I tried using the shift button while it started up but now that's the only way i can turn it on and i think doing that caused my sound to shut off. Any suggestions?

aUDREY--sHUT DOWN COMP.-RESTART AND HOLD DOWN THE COMM.+OPT+P & R keys. hold til you have heard 3 separate start up chimes. release the keys and let it start up. you have zapped the pram., reset all settings to orig. this may work for you. hope so !!!
Dickster----

apple g4 60gig hd 2 gig ram-1-500 gig. internal hd 2 ext. 500 gig hds. etc.

That didn't work either...i made sure I pushed the buttons all the way and made sure to let up after the third chime. It just did the same thing it's been doing. I have no idea what else to do:(

You need to do the following:

• 1. Post your computer specs--HD, Processor, Model, RAM, OS
    2. Restart on your Install Disk and run Disk Aid

Let us know what happens.

To restart on the disk, pop it in and restart holding the "C" key or the "option" key.

--J.D.

Audrey,

If all else fails, you can reinstall OS X. Put your system disc in the drive, restart the computer while holding down C. Look for the Options button. Click it. Select "Archive and Install". Use this as a last resort because any time you reinstall there is a small chance of data loss.

Bot

Thanks for the tips guys but all I had to do was find the mac store down the street and a lady there hooked up her repairing hard drive and it is good as new. I feel so dumb that I didn't try that first. :)

In the future you may wish to invest in a repair program or use Disk Utility on the start up disks you got with the computer. Will save you a trip AND possible $$$. Most use either Disk Warrior or TechTools--they have their advantages both.

Then read some threads about keeping your Mac a Happy Mac.

You want to keep your Mac happy . . . do you not?

Things like Onyx--freeware--and Cocktail--shareware--are good resources for keeping things running smoothly.

--J.D.

Back