Help! I can't uninstall Windows in Mac Os

Hello, I have a problem. I can't uninstall Windows in Mac Os. In Boot Camp there is an error: "Can't split boot...". In In Disk Utility buttons "-" are not available.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3
I think your error probably is saying that you can't re-join the partitions (removing the boot camp Windows partition, and rejoining that partition to the normal system partition.)
This is usually because you have modified the partitions on the drive. You added the USER DATA partition, so that's the culprit. The modified partition map (with more than just an EFI, boot system, Recovery system) forces you now to use other methods to remove Windows. The modification that you made to the partitions, when you added the data partition, means that you cannot simply use the Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Bootcamp partition. That is because the Boot Camp Assistant doesn't know how to re-join the partitions, when the partition map is not the same as when you first used Boot Camp to make the windows partition.
The easiest way now is to back up your drive (both partitions), then erase, returning to a single partition. Reinstall macOS, and restore your apps and files.

I think your error probably is saying that you can't re-join the partitions (removing the boot camp Windows partition, and rejoining that partition to the normal system partition.)
This is usually because you have modified the partitions on the drive. You added the USER DATA partition, so that's the culprit. The modified partition map (with more than just an EFI, boot system, Recovery system) forces you now to use other methods to remove Windows. The modification that you made to the partitions, when you added the data partition, means that you cannot simply use the Boot Camp Assistant to remove the Bootcamp partition. That is because the Boot Camp Assistant doesn't know how to re-join the partitions, when the partition map is not the same as when you first used Boot Camp to make the windows partition.
The easiest way now is to back up your drive (both partitions), then erase, returning to a single partition. Reinstall macOS, and restore your apps and files.
Can you help me with "returning to a single partition"? How can I do it?

Last edited:
Can you help me with "returning to a single partition"? How can I do it?
Boot to recovery system.
Open Disk Utility
Choose the drive. It's the line in Disk Utility that shows the manufacturer's info. If you don't see that line, click on the "View" icon in the Disk Utility menu, so All Devices are displayed.
So, select the manufacturer's info line (probably the top line), and go to Erase. That will remove all partitions, and leave you with just one.
Install macOS on your erased drive.
Restore your apps and files.

That Erase will remove everything, on all partitions - so before doing that Erase, be sure that you have everything backed up first - Unless you already have everything backed up that you want to keep.

If you have an external drive that can hold all your Mac partitions, I recommend SuperDuper to clone your drive to the external drive, then boot into the clone and repartition the Main HD with the Mac partitions and without a Boot Camp partition. Then use SuperDuper to restore the Mac partitions back to the Main HD. (FYI: SuperDuper is an app you can download and use for free for these operations. For other operations that are not related to your issue you have to purchase the application...)

When you open Disk Utility, what is displayed? 3 partitions including Boot Camp, Mac HD, and Recovery?

Back