Help !! I lose my X drive when I boot to 9.2.1 !!

cybervet

Registered
:confused: I'm scratching my head on this one. Every time I boot the machine to 9.2.1, my entire X drive does not mount. BTW, my other internal ATA drive does mount. Of course, I can then not choose it in the Startup Disk control panel when I want to return to X.

The only way I have found to get around this is to reset the PRAM. I then do boot to X. But, this is sure an awkward method to choose a startup disk.

Any ideas? Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanx in advance for any help ...

Originally posted by Alexandert
Did you format your OS X drive to UFS? (Unix File System) OS 9 can't locate an UFS drive!:eek:

I wish it was that simple. Nope. Mac OS Extended on all drives. I do not remember if I formated the X drive with the 10.1 CD drive utility or the 9.2.1 CD drive utility if that could be the difference. I was too excited over getting my 10.1.

Her's another! Boot OS 9. Start "Disk Utility" (preety hard in english! I have a german System!) Select "options" and then something like "install Hard disk Driver" Press it! I don't know if that works and if the OS X partion will work after that at all! It should! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! AND USE THE OS 9.2.1!!!!!!! Disk Utility! :eek:

Back