Help Load Test Our Chat Room!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
I'd like to do some load testing before this weekend with our chat software to see if it will handle a bunch of folks. So, here is what I need you to do...

Go up to the "FlashChat" link above in the Message Board menu bar. Make sure it loads in a new browser window. (the potential to be logged out change tabs exists). Just keep it open, if you don't want to chat, don't... if you do, thats great too.

I'd like to do this all day on TUESDAY if possible... so, whenever you read this on Tuesday, go ahead and login.

Thank you all!

You know, I hadn't had a chance before to test out the chatroom, especially since my main machine is a Linux/ppc machine, which means I'm left out in the cold when it comes to Flash. However, now that I've tested it out on one of my PCs, it's actually a very cool chatroom. I love the themes included, especially the Silver Gradient one. I will most definitely give it a shot tomorrow on my x86 Linux box and see if it works there.

Hopefully soon I will be able to run OS X as well here at home....until then, it's either 9.x or Linux/ppc. :rolleyes:

Scott

I'll stay on the all day so that hopefully others will join and you can do your test load, BTW congrats on the very cool interface, I'm using Tropical Lagoon and I love it

Cheers

hmm... you ain't in, gig' ;) ... the chatroom still doesn't work right in safari, it seems. too bad we're mac users.

i've tried to type some text, but it seems not possible using safari... a bug, or am I doing something wrong... I'll try with firefox...

Toggling the status button near the bottom left reveals the text box in Safari, after that it is smooth sailing.

ooh, we got up to 7 or 8 for a minute! On the other hand, i;m in europe, and until the main US waking hours roll round i guess we won't see proper amounts of people.

One of the reasons I chose this software is it DOES work w/ Safari, at least on my end.

Been up to 10 for a couple of minutes, will double digit will show overnight I'm curious to see that in the morning

in firefox, I left the status on busy (was really busy here at work!)for a long time, and wasn't disconnected... now I can type in Safari, it looks like I have to confirm that I'm actually here...

i am on Win 2K and netscape at the moment and logged in. I will try to leave it open as long as i can today.

In the morning, I was timed-out in Firefox. So it doesn't let us keep in all the time, either. ;)

fryke

i'm new to firefox logged in rite now with it, when i try to go to the chat i end UP with a new window and a broken quicktime icon. Any idea how to fix it ? thru Firefox preferences ? or else. Thanks

no idea... but i don't see you in the chat... you didn't logon from what i can tell... can you just completely erase firefox' prefs and try again?

thanks
as I said tried to log but end up with the broken ico i.o. the chat page
will try the pref deleting method and see if I can make it see ya

Back