Help me enjoy QT6 under OS 9!

MacLegacy

Unemployed Student!
Anyone else having crashes when playing AAC audio files or MP4 video files????? :confused:

It did that to me in the beta and still does that, I cant use mp4 without crashes, though I won't jump to conclusions considering the fact that I didn't try to run those files a lot to avoid crashing nor did I try doing a fresh install, or checking conflicting extensions (well, I kinda checked but I found nothing that helped), jeez...

I was just wondering if anyone else had that problem. My computer is a ppc 8600/200 sonnet upgraded to G4/400 running mac os 9.1.

Another issue, that's only a lil bit annoying.. When i'm playing some Quicktime movies,i.e: a trailer, some color stains sometime appear at different places, it's not really important, just a lil annoying at times. Also does that on MP4.. (weird)

My 3D card is an Ati Rage Orion 16 MB

EDIT: MP4 video makes me have to force quit the app (which then makes a crash, gosh I gotta hate OS 9) and MP4 audio crashes while it plays. Even WORSE, it plays perfectly on my bro's PC :eek: ewwwwww, this gotta suck

To those who will tell me to install OS X, well, it seems I just can't, maybe because I have two monitors and OS X doesn't support it, or perhaps it's my video card... one thing I know, it sucks, I want to Aquafy my comp!! :D

For people who you who'd tell me to buy a new comp, I don't have the $$, i'm a student and not even working yet (only 15, arrg) and I guess my parents don't want to invest in another comp either.. Ah i'm so looking forward to the day I'll have my own comp running OS 12 using Quad-G6 with 640 DDR500-RAM, powered by a wonderful G-Force 8 (by the time this happens :rolleyes: )

As of now, I totally hate QT6 as every new feature it brings will crash but whenever it will work, i'll know it's a great app.

Thx for your help everyone

Back