Help me shut down this scam please

MDLarson

Registered
Some idiot sent me another email saying...

"Dear User, eBay needs a correct information from you.

The link provided goes to this page.

The last time this happened to me, I emailed the web server company the page resided on, and it got shut down quickly. This time, it's like on it's own static IP. What should I / we do?

Pippin

Sys***** slave.
The machine that the site is running on is hosted by this company.

http://www.amenworld.com/welcome.php?PHPSESSID=ahi90c0igneg9pro90cbnf72e4

What you are seeing at the SWsoft page is most likely a bullshit company front page to deter you if you attempt to research deeper.

Best thing to do will be to mail the hosting company and report with evidence that a malicious material is being hosted on a server in there range with the ip 62.193.210.48

I would also suggest that you leave any real personal information from any attempt to shutdown a site such as this. Stopping an ebay scammer for instance is a different world from people that do this kind of thing.

powermac

iMac Dual 2.0 17'
You can also contact ebay, and let them, they will do the necessary investigating and legal work.

MDLarson

Registered
Hmm... the page doesn't seem to be loading, so maybe that's a good sign.

I sent an email to spoof@ebay.com and reported it anyway. Here's eBay's "suspicious email" page.

MDLarson

Registered
Alex said:
Kudos to you all for trying to shut this down. I just moved it to The Cafe.
Yeah, I figured it belonged there, but in my rush I just wanted to get it in front of as many people as possible. :)