Help! Messed Something up!

AJaX

Registered
Hi guys, I messed up OS X.. :p Here's what i did, i was messing around with the Extras.rsrc file, took it out of where it is supposed to be, (Under root) and I accidentally logged out with no extras.rsrc file under thme carbon.frameworks directories...I have tried everything, it wont boot from a 9.1 cd, it wont let me MV or CP the file back into the directory when i boot into single user mode, i lost my 10.1 cd so i can't reinstall x on my ipod...i have disconnect my hard drives, and it still wont look for the 9 disc....and basically what happens when it starts up in X now, i dont get a login screen..cause there are no frameworks :p In single-user mode, (command-s) is there anything i can do to fix this....it says when I try to mv the file that it is a read only file system?? Is there anyway to get a terminal with full root access, and I did "su root" in single user mode, still didn't help with the read-only error, I even tried using OTHER themes that i have with that extras.rsrc file in it, and it still does not want to move because of the read only thing....please help!! Thanks for all your other help in the past, everyone

I also posted this in the general forum, sorry for the double post.

So, this means I can then move files around within the terminal in single user mode?? If so, that's all i need to do cause then I can just mv the extras.rsrc back under the carbon.framework..etc... :) I really appreciate it man, I will try this when i get home! Thanks!

Back