Help! my documents and finder not worker!!

jack87

Registered
hi all, sorry to bother you all, but recently my documetns folder stoppped working- hard to explain, but i when i wanted to access the folder, on eday it just didnt respond, and the muti-colured time- spinner thingy just came up and nothing happened.
As if this couldn't get worse, just now, my finder applications is doing the same- i cant get access to anything! is there anything i can do, because i cant access the system install and restore pack, because i no longer have a desktop! Please help anyone!
Otherwise i think i'll break down and cry (not joking)
thanks for your time, any help is appreciated

Do you have the CDs that came with your Mac? If so, boot from that and when it comes to the beginning of the installation, go to the menubar and select to launch the Disk Utility. Once Disk Utility comes up, select your hard drive in the list and use the Disk First Aid option to repair the disk. Let it run once and run it again just in case it didn't catch everything. After that, try and reboot and see if that fixes the problem with the Finder. If you do get a desktop, head over to Applications-->Utilities and Launch Disk Utility and repair permissions. Reboot and see if that helps even further.

Good luck.

hello again. how do you mean that i have to boot from the cd? sory, im not really an expert! i can open the cd drive, but otherwise nothing happens from there. i have to switch off the computer by pressing the on/off button! does this mean i have to trash the com.apple.plist thingy or sidebar thing?
Sorry, and thanx for any help offered!

You take the installation medium that came with the computer. It was a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. Gray disk, probably, with a white Apple on it. You put that in and restart the computer. Hold down the "C" key while it reboots, so it starts off the CD or DVD. Then follow what nixgeek said.

Back