help! my keyboard does not light up in the dark in for my PB 17"

ace008

Registered
the keyboard no longer lights up in my 17" powerbook after installing panther.... Anyone else have this problem??

Unistall Panther and see if it lights back up. Then you'll know if it's a problem with your keyboard or the Panther beta.

yeah i think it has to do with panther since the options to light up keyboard automatically in low lighting condtions box is gone from the keyboards control panel. Anyone know when the final release of panther will be out?

Originally posted by ace008
yeah i think it has to do with panther since the options to light up keyboard automatically in low lighting condtions box is gone from the keyboards control panel. Anyone know when the final release of panther will be out?

I have a 17 PowerBook and my keyboard lights up just as it did with Jaguar. I just checked the keyboard/mouse preference pane and the "illuminate keyboard in low light conditions" is indeed still there.

Wish I had your problems. :p ... Going back to 10.2.6 from 10.3 is not recommended without reinstalling. You don't have to format your OS, though. Just pop the 10.2 installer CD in and select Archive & Install as the option. You'll have a fresh 10.2.x afterwards, meaning you might have to rearrange some things. Your 10.3 user folder will be archived and can be expanded if you want to do so. (I'd select the settings and stuff by hand and move them to the new main user's folders...)

[A message from the devil: If you don't know how to handle this correctly, never install a beta version of an operating system again. ;-)]

Back