Help ! Need some developer to Port a X11 App to Cocoa

yep the same to me....i build at first after reinstall fink with all the packagees version 1.0.0 and it run but without any video display...it imports the Mpeg 2 PS without any trouble ....and shows the gops...etc. but i don't see a Picture....mpeg2dec ist installed....try'ed also 1.0.3 but get an error that's the path to gtk is not correct...any idea ?

I'm gonna fiddle around with some more build settings, see what I can come up with. As I stated in an earlier post, I don't have any real experience with configure and make. However, I have been meaning to become more acquainted, and this seems as good a time as any. I'll post a progress report later. I'll also look at how the app is designed, and whether or not I think I can separate the engine from the interface. If the interface isn't too closely tied to the engine, I might be able to compile just the engine and add an interface with REALbasic or Interface Builder. Don't get your hopes up, however. No guarantees ;-)

(tig)

Its not a problem with the GUI. Mpeg2dec is the problem. When I load the supplied MPEG2 file on Linux, I get all sorts of information about parent offset and Data Bytes. On OS X, it is reported as 0.

Mpeg2dec is probably unable to read the data. Not sure why, but it isn't able to do it. Will explore further to see if this hypothesis is true.

Viro - What tools do you use? Will you be looking at it with Linux or OS X? Just curious. I think I've mentioned that I'm not too familiar with command-line tools =) I'll try to get it to build in Xcode and follow it in the debugger. My first inclination is that something somewhere is returning null instead of a struct * or something, and default values are being used.
'Course, I don't really know diddly.

(tig)

I'll be looking at it (when I've got time) under OS X. I just tested it on Linux to see what I'm meant to expect. I mean, I don't even know what the program is meant to do, how am I to know when its working? :)

On the commandline, I'd use gdb for debugging. On OS X, I haven't yet found a GUI backend to GDB that's easy enough to use. There are loads of them for X11 though... DDD is the one I use.

For editing code, if you're a hardcore command line user, ViM is the choice :). But that's normally just asking for extra pain. I tend to use JEdit because it has a nice GUI that's easy to navigate.

In my experience, XCode is just not worth the effort, especially since I don't do any Cocoa programming, mainly Java and Qt.

so the programm is for cutting out Frames you don't wont in am Mpeg 2 TS Stream. It's little like the same then iMovie but only for Mpeg TS from DVD or DVB TV.
It's just a Mpeg 2 Editor and there is noone for the OSX at the moment and there is really need for it...so that's why i'm startet this...
So many thx Viro for the help with the configure thing...

Protocol 7 has already ported mpeg2dec to OS X; check it out and see if it's what you're looking for. I'm going look a bit closer at expat; I need an XML parser for a project I'm working on anyways.

As far as Cocoa, why not Carbon? There are more C++ programmers out there than Obj-C.

Anywys, since I'm gonna probably be using expat, I'll keep working on an actual port of GOPchop. Seems the least I can do.

(tig)

yes i found that but i don't know how to implement it in gopchop and well it could also be a Carbon App. icheckt the latest version but i got aöways a pkg info not found error...hmm post the details later
but thx Grimance that you help to get this to run...many thx
cu later

Back