HELP!!! need to get airport working with a Barricade Wireless Broadband Router...

VicRattlehead

Registered
I got myself a SMC Barricade 4-Port Wireless Broadband Router, model SMC7004AWBR. Ive never ever used or done anything with a router before so please nice to me by not using big technical words. I have have AT&T broadband cable modem and im trying to hardwire a Sony Vaio PC, and use the wireless AirPort connection with my TiG4. The "Quick Install Guide" that came with it doesnt say a word about setting up a mac, it came in handy for the pc got that working fine, just cant do anything with the mac.
If anyone can help, please post here or email me directly at tccoail@yahoo.com

thanks
Keith

I am running a 4 port barricade with an Airport station, connecting three macs, two PCs and a network printer. Works fine.

Just install the barricade as it is explained. IIRC, you then have it configure to be a DHCP server, so it gives away the IPs to the network computer. Now, in OS 9 or OS X, configure your TCP/IP connection to connect via Airport and to use DHCP. Configure your Internet connection to use the Ethernet to connect to the net.

Voila, there you go

well i guess i actually did somthing right cause im working on the mac without a hardwire. I guess what i was having problems with is i didnt turn the airport card on DUHHHHHHH oh well, thanks for replying anyway.

thanks

Good luck with the Barricade I have one and I love it. Make sure you upgrade the firmware, `cause it gives you more security choices. I have a TiBook via airport and a hardwired win98 box in it.

ericb

Back