HELP! Need to save filled PDF's

debiso

Registered
Hi!

I have several PDF forms that I need to be able to fill and save on a PB running 10.4.8. Any ideas? With Acrobat and preview I can fill and print, but not save.

Thanks!
Joe

Any OS X application that can print, also saves to PDF. Just look for the 'Save to PDF' button in the print dialog

I think I will do the word thing for now. The issue is that Acrobat and pre-view do not support saving a form with fillable fields. I can print it to pdf, but then I can not go back and make changes. I am looking at a 3rd party product that claims it will work. Thanks for the input!

Joe

Preview opens password-protected PDFs just fine.

That's already been established. The question is can you edit, save and print a pdf doc with Acrobat. The user is having issues printing and saving entered fields which leads me to believe there's print protection on the file.

.... The question is can you edit, save and print a pdf doc with Acrobat. The user is having issues printing and saving entered fields which leads me to believe there's print protection on the file.
The OP says that he can fill and print. His problem is that he can't save.

Nope it is not password protection, it is just broken PDF forms support. This is one of the reasons that I still fire up Parallels from time to time. Printing s not a good solution because it will not work with tools that on the receiving end for pulling the data back out of the forms.

Back