Help needed big time w/ virtual switch on VPC 6

pjman

Registered
Wow, I need win2K in VPC 6 to share with OS X. I have gone over the tutorial again and again and I guess I'm stuck because I don't know how to assign an IP addy to win2K?? I don't know a thing about IP addys or networking to tell you the truth so thats keeping me in a corner I imagine.

If it's not as hard as I think and you can set me staright, GREAT. If not, and you could point me to a resource of some sort that could help me get the task done, that would be GREAT also. If I didn't give enough info, ask and I'll supply it.

any help, MUCH appriciated..Thanks.

-------

1. In the VPC Preferences, The "Virtual Switch" preference should be set to "default".

2. In the settings for the specific PC you are configuring (i.e., the PC identified in the Virtual PC List) select "settings" then select "networking" and set to "Enable networking" with the Virtual Switch button checked.

3. make sure that the Mac System preferences are set to enable Internet Sharing (in the Sharing pane).

4. Start up your PC and then set the TCP/IP settings to "obtain IP Automatically".

Your PC and your Mac should then be able to share the network settings - which means that the virtual PC can network with any computers which your Mac can "see" on the Lan or on the Internet.

Back