Help needed, Endian....?

whitesaint

cocoa love
Hey im cool. Okay I am making this HTML editor, and i got pretty much everything i wanted it to do. I got each document to save as an HTML file, but when i open it up in a browser, there's alot of weird code and stuff that was never typed in there in the first place. Can anyone help? Oh yeah, and I typed "Endian" in the title because i thought it was most likely he would help me like he has in the past. Thanks Endian/RacerX/rharder/AdmiralAK/jdog/Sithious. :) As always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

-whitesaint

what's the extra code look like?

what's the code you're using to write the file look like?

I dont remember what the code was, but it was really weird. Im sorry but i stopped working on this project because i couldnt figure out the code. what i did was i made a simple text editor, and added some buttons that added HTML text once it was pressed. Then i had the program save it as an HTML document for me. Once i opened it in any web browser, it couldnt read the HTML code correctly.

-whitesaint

the only thing i can think of is you were saving the document as an attributed string or in the wrong encoding

Yeah i somewhat figured that. I played around with "WorldText" and i was able to have it save as a normal TXT file and with html code in it, it opened up correctly. I would asume that it's saving as RTF or somthing...

-whitesaint

Back