Help needed in creating HTML email newsletter

eric halfabee

You talking to me!
Hi

I have been given the task of creating a HTML newsletter to send out to our customers in place of our regular fax outs. The customers are all on our database and have given permission to email them so this is not for SPAM.

Can someone please help me as I don't know how to do this. I can create a HTML newsletter in Dreamweaver, but how do I get it to email (from Mail / Entourage etc) as per the Quicktime newsletters.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Drag the HTML file onto the Mail icon, either in the Dock or in the Finder, or drag it into a new message window, and you can then send it as an attachment.

There are several parts to answer here.

1. you have to upload the html file and images to a webserver - as in a webpage.
2. go to the web page before you upload it and change every url for images links etc to fully qualified urls ie http://www.deep.co.uk/news/ rather than /news/
3. copy and paste this html code into.... option 1. an email server such as buzzcast. option 2. netscape composer then netscape mail... and finally option 3. a PC using outlook - open as a template.

all three are designed to make a mac users experience hell!

sorry to add the bitter twist, but really what you ask isn't hard its just nobodies made it easy on a mac yet!

kind regards

dom

eric halfabee said:
Hi

I have been given the task of creating a HTML newsletter to send out to our customers in place of our regular fax outs. The customers are all on our database and have given permission to email them so this is not for SPAM.

Can someone please help me as I don't know how to do this. I can create a HTML newsletter in Dreamweaver, but how do I get it to email (from Mail / Entourage etc) as per the Quicktime newsletters.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Back