Help needed with Adobe Reader 5.0 on Mac OS 9.2.2

tomdkat

Registered
So, I installed Adobe Reader 5.0 on Mac OS 9.2.2 and when I start it, I get an error indicating:

CoolTypeCarbonLib could not be found

and Adobe Reader terminates. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Peace...

well, it needs the extention named that. i have never heard of it. carbonlib was the system file that let os8.6 through 9.2.2 use some early os x apps written in carbon. i'd contact adobe and see if they can tell you if its something they can help you with.

Thanks! I've posted this question on the Adobe forum but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this, in the event the Adobe forum didn't pan out. :)

EDIT: Do you think I could download this to solve the problem? A Google search on "CarbonLib" found that link for me. :)

Peace...

if you don't already have it on your mac, then download it as you should have it all ready. but i don't think if will help in this problem because it is not cooltypecarbonlib.

Well, I don't know if CarbonLib is already installed or not. I was hoping CoolTypeCarbonLib would have been part of CarbonLib. The Adobe forum hasn't helped at all with this. *Sigh*

Thanks for the help! I'll see if I can pay Adobe to help me. :)

Peace...

Ok, I got the problem resolved. CoolTypeCarbonLib comes with Adobe Reader 5.0.5. I tried making a desktop icon for the app and pressed "Control" while dragging the icon to the desktop, which made a copy of the app on the desktop. When I ran it from the desktop, I got the error. When I ran it from the app folder, everything worked fine.

Peace....

Back