help needed with golive!!

sithious

no longer a member
i'm experiencing a weird problem with a site i'm designing with adobe golive and illustrator... hopefully one of you can help me ...
so:
i designed the contents of the page as a large .jpg in illustrator to make sure there are no problems with fonts and so on ... to make it easier to view the site with a modem or slow connection i cut up the image into several slices and saved as html with images.
opened the html in golive and applied hotspots to various slices so as to create links ...
now the problem is: as soon as i apply the hotspots, the slice that contains the hotspot gets a thick blue border, which, of course, causes all the slices to move apart, rendering the page relatively weird ... i can see this in golive preview mode, but as soon as i preview the page in omniweb, explorer and icab, all is well. but: under windows, these borders return.

so my problem is that the page looks good on a mac and pretty awful on a pc.
anyone have any idea why this is happening and how i can prevent golive from creating borders around hotspotted slices?

any help would be much appreciated.

i had flashbacks of when i was learning html and i know the feeling... just pondering , nothing interesting.

Back