Help- Os8.6 Wont Load

Jeffridout

Registered
When i turn on my computer it will go into the os fine then freeze and when i restart i get a flashing question mark and a little diskette. sometimes it goes back into the os and then freezes again.
I tried booting from a cd but it doesnt see the hard drive. using Norton for this.
WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT..must save files at all costs. please help.
Thanks

You said you tried booting from the CD, but when it was done booting from the CD, the hard drive didn't appear? Sounds like you should get someone who is technologically inclined to open up the computer and make sure that the hard disk is hooked up properly, and all the connections (the data ribbon and the power plug) are secure.

I already did that. I checked all connections. Nothing's been touched. It louds up and sometimes doesnt load. I have a SCSI controller.. so I dont know if that is the prob?> my drives are fine .

are you sure the drives are ok? do they work just fine in other computers? to me it sounds just like the hard drives are dieing. i speak from experience. otherwise, are you sure that they have unique scsi ids, and that the chain is properly terminated?

Back