Help... OSX-to-PC file server!

uoba

Re: member
We are using a PC (Windows 2000) as a file server -- which works well on a G4 running OSX10.0.4; until I need to delete a whole folder from the PC file server!

It won't let me, claiming I don't have enough privileges!

Can anyone help please?!:( :(

Windows 2000 is a NT based operating system which has protected files and folders like OS X does. You have to check in the preferences on your 2000 machine what settings you have allowed your "users".

You have probably allowed your remote login user to read, write, and exucute files, but not folders, at least at the level that you are at.

Sometimes it is just funny bugs that do it, and the only way to get it deleted is from the machine itself. We have a Sun Solaris server (UNIX) at work, and we are constantly getting individual files that refuse to delete. Also, we have had problems with PCMacLan giving us similar problems.

Windows 2000 is a NT based operating system which has protected files and folders like OS X does. You have to check in the preferences on your 2000 machine what settings you have allowed your "users".

You have probably allowed your remote login user to read, write, and exucute files, but not folders, at least at the level that you are at.

Sometimes it is just funny bugs that do it, and the only way to get it deleted is from the machine itself. We have a Sun Solaris server (UNIX) at work, and we are constantly getting individual files that refuse to delete. Also, we have had problems with PCMacLan giving us similar problems.

Back