help plese urgent

marello

Registered
my computer hs gone bonkers. ive just turned it on nd everytime i press the shift key, tab key or a as in the letter sherlock loads up. wht can i do, im copying nd psting a's in just to write this so excuse me missing a few out. ive tried repairing permissions, i olso tried moving two programs nd their components tht i'd installed last night into the trsh nd restarting, but this didnt help either so i dont think they're the cause. plese help i hve coursework to do :(

What OS verison are you running? Do you have any 3rd party apps that might be causing the problem (such as Quickeys)? If your on OSX 10.3 or above, you can start up in Safe Mode, this will disable any non essential items. If you have no problems in Safe Mode, then you know it's a 3rd party app of some sort. Here are the instructions:

During some troubleshooting procedures, you may need to start up in Safe Mode (also called a Safe Boot). In Safe Mode, only required items in the Startup Items and Extensions folders are loaded.

Note: This procedure requires you to turn off your computer. You may want to print this page for reference.
1 Shut down the computer.
2 Press the Power button.
3 Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key.
4 Release the Shift key when the spinning progress indicator appears below the gray apple on the screen.

Some features or applications may not work in Safe Mode, and startup may take longer than usual. You should only use Safe Mode if you need to troubleshoot a problem starting up your computer.

To leave Safe Mode, restart the computer normally.

Back