HELP - QT interlaced video playback stuttering!!

subzerohk

Registered
Hi all,

I'm having problems with Quicktime playing back Interlaced video. For testing purposes, I'm playing back a PAL 20 second h.264 clip on a secondary display attached to my MacBookPro with the Apple DVI-S-Video adaptor (set to 720x576 interlaced PAL 50Hz).

When I play the clip, it stutters/flickers (almost like the fields are inverted?).. If I pause then play the movie repeatedly (i.e : stop/start with the spacebar) the problem seems to rectify itself for a few minutes and everything runs smoothly, then it happens again, until I pause/play again.

I'm on Leopard with the latest updates.. I desperately need to find a fix for this ASAP as I have a tradeshow install in a couple of days time.. Any help would me most appreciated.

Thx

If the fields were inverted any motion would step backwards 1 field, then jump forward 2 fields, so it could be inverted and stutter as you mention. But it also sounds like you have either less RAM than you need or a Hard Drive with a slower RPM 5400 that would also cause playback issues. Or both. Or all three for that matter. Not knowing the specs of the MacBook Pro or what software created the clip with what settings for field order limits any useful responses.

Try it on another Mac somewhere, at a Store even. Get more RAM or a 7200 RPM Hard Drive. Or Both. Try re-rendering with the fields inverted.

Back