Help Request - Eratic Mouse behaviour

JeffCGD

Registered
Hope someone out here can help me bug hunt this problem.

I've started having erratic mouse performance in ONE user account with my Microsoft Intellieye Explorer Wireless Mouse (V2). Sometimes mouse clicks aren't properly registered, or a single click will perform a double click function. Also I'm getting windows sometimes popping to the back of a window order when I open them. The Finder also appears to be disregarding my setting for mouse-click repeat rate (time you have to click twice in to select a whole word)

Since I run a fairly customized setup (using Unsanity APE and Shapeshifter, amongst other interface niceties to customize the appearance of my Mac), my first line of exploration was to disable these, and the Mouse driver, to see if any are at fault. NONE appear to be, as the problem remains when all are uninstalled, and, as I noted earlier, it is ONLY under this user account.

While it may be that the mouse micro-switch is just getting tired, there is a VERY telling DEBUGGING message that is flooding the console log each time I interact with a finder window, that did not occur before this issue. Unfortunately it doesn't give any hints as to what app is logging it to the console, as I'm pretty sure whatever is doing so is the culprit.

As below:

DEBUGGING: why didn't I put anything here?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Could it be a corrupted Finder preference of some sort? I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, so this is driving me nuts.

I have finally managed to track the problem down, and it turns out there are two separate issues.

1. The erratic mouse issue is due to a failing micro-switch in my Microsoft Intellieye Wireless Mouse (annoying, since it's only about a year or so old).

2. The console log flooding has turned out to be errant debugging code from Unsanity's Shapeshifter APE module. Other than filling up the console log, there is no detrimental effects of this, however. I have advised Unsanity of this issue.

Back