Help. Seeing a File Size without COM-I.. POSSIBLE??

HeliAnimal

Registered
I like in windoze how you can just click a file one time and see the size. I hate how you have to press a keystroke and then close a window after you're done. Any add on or way to display the filesize in the folder?

Thanks

I've never found it to be useful in that manner in Windows. I always end up selecting the files I need and doing an Alt-Enter for the properties.

As for the OS X Finder, you can select a group of files and then get a summary of all the files by control-clicking (or right-clicking if you have two buttons) and then once you see the contextual menu, hold down Option. You'll notice that "Get Info" changes to "Get Summary Info" and this will only open up one window with a summary of the total size of the group of files.

But it would be very nice to single click the item and in the bottom of the window say "1 item selected 6.94 MB" or something. I guess there is no way.

Column View. you click on a file, and in the next column, all of the info is there - file size, date modified, cate created, dimensions, a preview etc, all there.

Column View. you click on a file, and in the next column, all of the info is there - file size, date modified, cate created, dimensions, a preview etc, all there.

Ah yes! Good call....I had forgotten about column view. :D That should give you what you need.

How about "View as List" (similar to Detail View in Windows)? That shows the file size. You don't have to click at all.

Doug

Back