HELP: Speed issues in 10.3 B85

IslandJordan

Registered
I've been using Panther (build 85) now for a couple of weeks and have been noticing a strange problem that has only begun to occur since I upgraded to B85, MAJOR SPEED HANGUPS.

Not so much noticeable speed drops as slight hangs. I have a 12" PB 867mhz and I can hear the hard disk churning away at all times as if I'm doing a task in the background. It takes MM StudioMX 2004 literally 10 minutes to open up! This was never an issue before.

I've check the process viewer and nothing out of the ordinary is using the processor... but the constant "thinking" noise continues. Even when doing mundane things like searching the web; you'd think my computer was about to give up!

I've updated prebinding and done several speed optimizing things, but the problem continues.

Does anyone have any advice? Shall I do a clean install of the software? Is anyone having a similar problem? It's seriously becoming enough to make me think about a reversion to Jaguar.

Please, someone bail me out here!

Yup. I think you're right.

Although, I did find the culprit and things are working much better. Shortly after installing Panther, I installed a program called Data Recycler. After running the uninstall, things are working wonderfully.

Back